Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2-D Ad Assignment

I chose Helvetica because, well, let's face it- that makes things seem official and professional. I muted the color because I wanted ALL of your attention to be directed at my website. (which isn't a real website...yet) The size I chose for the typewriter was large, but not overbearing because if you are hoping for my services you are already overwhelmed by text. I chose a typewriter because I bet there are tweens who don't know what that is and if my business will expand in the next couple of years- they will be my target demographic in about 5 years.  I'd originally wanted to throw in a few witty lines to draw your attention to my services. Lines like "Socrates never used a pen." or "Texts are 21st century sonnets" but at the last second I thought: To hell with text! Minimize text! (Embracing the Target part of my likes, not the Levis ad) Plus, what if you didn't like my lines and thus were discouraged from going to my website?

No comments: